Join our Chief Business Economist, Chris Williamson, to get a timely update on the global economic landscape through the lens of the latest Purchasing Managers Index™ (PMI) surveys. The PMI™ data provides insight into the health of economies worldwide, with key economic indicators giving you sight of where economies and markets are headed. These findings are derived from surveying over 30,000 companies per month across 40 countries worldwide, accounting for 90% of global GDP.
The latest PMI data showed a surprise acceleration of global economic growth, but the expansion was fuelled by surprising resilience of consumer-facing services and financial services. Both areas of growth look vulnerable given recent policy tightening and the ongoing cost of living squeeze. Meanwhile price pressure cooled further, albeit with pressures remaining elevated for wages and services.
April’s PMI data will help further assess the developing situation.
Join this webinar to:
- Get a global update on the current economic picture and evolving recession risks for the world’s major economies,
- Assess the impact of the recent banking sector instability and the reopening of the mainland Chinese economy,
- Take a deep dive into the manufacturing sector to analyse changing demand, supply chain, inventory and inflation trends around the globe,
- Get insights into what’s driving inflation and the extent to which price pressures are remaining elevated or “sticky” around the world, especially in terms of labour markets.
- Learn more about detailed sector variations in performance, notably focusing on the resilience of current growth drivers of consumer services and financial services.